Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

My safe is locked and can't be opened. When I punch in the

Customer Question

My safe is locked and can't be opened. When I punch in the code I get no response. when I try to open with the key I get a little movement in the handle but not enough to open it. Help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome.
Who is the manufacturer of your safe and what is the model number?
Is it supposed to be opened with both the key and combination, together?
Are you 100% sure of your combination?
When was the last time you opened it successfully?
Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me some time to compose and send your answer.
Best wishes,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I was hoping to hear right back from you with some additional information about your safe, but I will send your answer now, and if you have any additional questions, just click reply.
If your Safe is electronic, the first thing I would do is change the batteries and see if that solves the problem. If you don't know how to do this, let me know the make and model number and I will help you.
If you're 100% sure your combination is correct, and you need a key to also open the safe, use the key first, REMOVE it from the keyhole, then, enter your combination and turn your handle down within 4 seconds.
If the handle has a 'little' give, but won't turn down, try turning it up.
You may have a defective solenoid (opening mechanism), so take a rubber mallet and hit the safe door with gentle taps above and below the electronic keypad. Also, strike the door around the edges, on the top and at the upper left hand corner. In addition, try tilting the safe to the right side and also to the back, as some contents inside may have shifted and are blocking the opening mechanism.
If your safe is made by Sentry, you can call them for additional troubleshooting, at: 1-***-***-****. Hours are 8AM - 6PM Mon. - Fri. Eastern time.
If you're not 100% sure about your code, you can ask about that too, when you call and you will be given instructions on how to request a copy of your factory-set code. Please see this webpage for more information:
https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination
I wish you much good luck with your safe!
Please be so kind as to Rate with positive feedback, so I receive credit for my time and assistance. Thank you very much!
Best wishes,
Cher