Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have bought Bose SoundDock XT speakers - to go with my Apple

Customer Question

I have bought Bose SoundDock XT speakers - to go with my Apple iPod model no. A 1136 -
but they do NOT fit each other. Salesman said qte''just buy an adaptor 30 pin to lightening for Apple'' unqte , and gloing on the Net I find plenty of those adaptros. But they most certainly do NOT fit my 2 implements.
Q: Can you PLEASE tell me which adaptor I should buy - so that my iPod will re-charge when playing music. (I now make use of said 2 implements/gadgets - by conncting the docking station to the iPod - via an Aux cable. However that does NOT re-charge my iPod.
I'd be vry greatful if you could help - mny tks
Kind regards
J.R.Varmer
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is only one adapter which is this one
Click me to open
But they dont work with the Bose systems (none of them) due to the way Bose sends the signal
Not going to mislead you, but what the salesperson told you is wrong. The adapter will not work on your unit, you have to natively plug a device into it sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richie - and mny tks your swift reply - which leaves confused, becasue:You show me the Adaptor 30 pin to lightening for Apple - which I hve seen aplenty on the Net. However, my confusion is total when you write qte ''there is only adaptor which is this one'' unqte and you send me the adaptor I hve seen aplenty on the Net = plus then you write qte ''...The adaptor will not work on your unit, you have to natively plug a device into it sorry'' unqteWhy do you tell me 'there is only adaptor' - and then you say 'the adaptor will no work on your unit'. Why send me picture of an adaptor, caliming it is the only one - WHEN IT DOES NOT WORK ON MY UNIT?You also say I hve to ''natively plug a device into it' - What / Which DEVICE, .Richie ?????? Light my fire, if you please, Richie - and bring me out of this darkness - tksRgds
JRV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
all the places on the net sell the same adapter, this is what I am saying
You need an iPod with the port on it to connect directly to the Bose
Like the iPod Nano
Click me to open
Does this clear it up for you?
If not feel free to ask for more information
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, which iPodnono - is it the 5th - the 6th - 7th - or the 8th generation nano. You must etll me which.
Also the one yhou are showing me above- is WRONG - repeat WRONG - because that will most defkinitely NOT fit into my new Bose SoundDock XT speakers. NOT at allRgds
JRV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can use iPhone 5, 5s and 5c and iPod touch 5th generation and iPod nano 7th generation
If you think I am wrong, then feel free to purchase the adapter.
When you see it does not work, then you will realise you have to use a device that has the correct connection and not an adapter in between