Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Home theater system error code f61 then turns off ?...

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
Did this occur after a power failure?
Also how old is your Home theater system?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know think it was a power failure....system is maybe 6-8 yes old...
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for that,
The F61 is the Panasonic version of protect. Basically the unit has detected a problem in the output section and has shutdown. This is usually either the output amp pack ($85 or so for the part) or the regulator circuit. Without seeing the unit and taking some measurements, I can't tell you which.
This likely failed as a result of a power outage or surge.
Many home electronics shops now fix these items so its best to check locally for one that would take it in and fix this for you. The labor shouldn't be too much as this is a common problem with the Panasonic unit.
Also you can use Sears for this repair.
They offer a home service where they would come out to your home and fix this or you can drop it off at the store for this service, they are very good at this and are cost effective. I used to work for them as an electronics technician loll;-)
I have included a phone # ***** get you started in the right direction.
Please call Sears service to get someone near you or to find a store that will take the unit in for this repair;-)(###) ###-####
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a nice weekend.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess he did ok...
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the reply,
Please CLICK an appropriate rating kindly, no additional cost for that, you can select a rating at the bottom of this page;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He did good...
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you but you need to CLICK on a rating its on this page at the bottom, please do that for me so they will know I did well for you.
Thank you for your patience!