Rahul P.
Rahul P., Engineer
Experience:  10 years of experience in Electronics & Applications
13842863

My kindle says low battery, even being plugged into an outlet.

Customer Question

My kindle says low battery, even being plugged into an outlet. Took it to a store to get a new battery and they said I had to send it back.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rahul P. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using justanswer.
please do the following steps,
1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.
2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.If not then let me know.
Hope it helps.PLEASE LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING WITH THE HELP OF SMILES.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I did not tell you the screen is black, when i try to turn it on the screen say battery low wait 15 minutes before switching back on. It sat all night and did not come on.
Expert:  Rahul P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok Connect the kindle to the charger wait for 5mins.(even if it is charged)
After 5mins(still connected to the charger) press and hold (or slide and hold) the power switch for at least 30 sec till you see a flicker in the kindle screen.Do it 3 to 4 times to reset the kindle
If resetting doesn't helps then it verifies that kindle's has some internal issue.For that you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost. Here is the link for Kindle Service and
Warranty information along with their phone number.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarranty
You can also contact kindle support at
United States: 1-***-***-****
Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****
I hope you understand and find this information useful.
Regards.