Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Fix my x50 please

Customer Question

fix my x50 please
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for choosing Just Answer.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.
Please provide details.
Make, full model #?
Also how old it is?
And what is wrong and when did the problem occur?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please read earlier post....display on x50 not working. Its on but blank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it in 2012. Never used in adverse conditions . I tried the troubleshooting solution in the manual...no go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First symptom was a year and a half ago. The right side of the screen turned upside-down and blurry. Turning the unit off then back on sometimes worked.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi there is no earlier post here that I can see?
I still need the make and full model # ***** how old the device is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Korg X50. Purchased in 2012
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that info.
Just to be sure as you didn't list the full model # ***** you talking about t a synthesizer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes . keyboard synth
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"Korg X50 Music Synthesizer"
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for all the questions but there are a lot of units out there that who's model # ***** that way and I needed to be sure of what you actually have.
This unit needs a new main board.
The symptoms you describe are indicative of that being the problem. If you have extensive electronic troubleshooting experience and can read schematics you can replace the bad parts after I help you test the board.
Let me know on that.
If not you can replace the board if you can solder electronics I will assist there as well.
If not you would need to have this fixed by a local music instrument repair shop.
I will help you any way you choose to go. And I can tell you this much, the instrument is definitely worth the cost of the repair for sure.
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you and have a great weekend!
Tech Michael