Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

New skullcandy shrapnel portable speaker will not work with

Customer Question

New skullcandy shrapnel portable speaker will not work with my ipad 5!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

iPad 5 may be too old for the operation, possibly... some modern appliances fail to play from an iPad 5.
If there are any updates applicable to iPad 5, of the exact kind you have, I suggest that you download and apply those updates. Then restart your iPad 5, after having installed all those updates, and see if that helps.
Also keep in mind that (depending upon which device has a proved and recent record of working OK) one of the devices might be faulty. In a case like this, unless it works with other devices OK, one would suspect the SkullCandy portable speaker of being the faulty device.
(If it is, then returning it promptly for an exchange for another, working, device of the same sort or of similar sort, would be the right thing to do.)