Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

My Kindle is not taking a charge when plugged in to power

Customer Question

Hi! My Kindle is not taking a charge when plugged in to power source! Please help! Thanks!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
How long have you had the Kindle on the charger?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Several hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?!
If the Kindle was on a very dead battery, plug in the charger, make sure it has the charging symbol/light, hold down the power button for 10 seconds. It will start to charge and it takes about 3-5 hours from this point to turn on.
Let me know if you have any questions. If it does not come back on within 5 hours, you may have a bad battery and from there I can advise you how to replace it.
*Please Choose A Star Rating (or Smiley Face) On This Page Then Click Submit To Rate Your Professional Who Helped You.
Ratings Are Their Personal Background and Positive Ratings Help Their Score. JustAnswer Is Always Here To Answer Your Questions.
Chris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just seems completely dead. Haven't used it in a long time- where is the power button??!!
Understood and they usually are.
The power button is the small button on the bottom of the Kindle, right beside the charge port.