Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

My sharp er a410 is not printing

Customer Question

my sharp er a410 is not printing
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Which of the two roles is not printing? The receipt that comes out or the sales journal that stays inside the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the receipt that comes out
What happens if you just press and hold the receipt feed key? Does blank paper feed out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Okay that's excellent. That means that the hardware itself is working but the register is not printing or trying to print to it. Do you know if you changed any settings to turn the printer off on the register
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Possibly inadvertently, but I don't know what
If you could. One more thing you can check to narrow it down is whether or not you can print a receipt from a previous transaction. To do that press the RCPT/PO button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it comes up misoperation
Then, after that please try turning the receipt function on in case it was turned off. To do that use the key and turn it to the OP/ XZ position and then press the RCPT button once. It will say either on or off. If it says off, press that button again so that it says on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only a dash shows up. when I press it again the dash goes away
Are you 100% certain the key is on OP XZ? And also please try that with the regular receipt key up in the left-hand corner and if that doesn't work and try it with the other receipt key over on the right. It should work to do what I'm saying which is to toggle the printer on and off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just a dash, don't know what your referring to when you say other receipt key on the right
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello any one there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you haven't soled my problem
You have two recpt keys. One has an arrow and it is used to feed the paper. The other says RCPT/PO That is the second key. We are solving your problem. We know that your printer works now, correct? We just have to find out what was changed.