Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have ser 7000 cash register and when i turned on the machine

Customer Question

i have ser 7000 cash register and when i turned on the machine i get rectangle in middle of display and i cannot use anthing
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Please try doing an initial clear on the register. To do that follow these steps 1. Turn the power switch located on the right side of the register to the OFFposition.2. Turn the control lock to the PGM position.3. Press and hold the key position where the CASH key is located on the defaultkeyboard layout.4. While continuing to hold the CASH key, turn the power switch to the ONposition.5. The message “SIGN ON REQUIRED” will display when the initial clear is completed.That will not erase programming but it should reset the error so that you are able to use the register. Please let me know if you have any remaining questions or if this procedure does not correct the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But when i turn my key to P mode i get blank screen and below is the image

Did you follow the steps that I suggested? Here they are again.
Notice that in my instructions I'm asking you to first turn the power switch off and then switch to program.
1.Turn the power switch located on the right side of the register to the OFF
position.
2. Turn the control lock to the PGM position.
3. Press and hold the key position where the CASH key is located on the default
keyboard layout.
4. While continuing to hold the CASH key, turn the power switch to the ON
position.
5. The message “SIGN ON REQUIRED” will display when the initial clear is
complete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I followed your step and it clears the screen. As soon as i turn the key to P mode i get same rectangle sign in screen'

You I'm not sure how this can happen though if you follow the steps that I've given you. According to the steps I gave you, the register should be turned off when you turn the key to P mode. Do you have the register turned off when you turn the key to P mode?