John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

LG chromebook: How do you make this work as a monitor

Customer Question

LG chromebook: How do you make this work as a monitor: On my hp laptop, I hit window+p, then duplicate; however, all that shows up on the LP is "hdmi- no signal, will shut down shortly"--- I think my sequence is wrong
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand your sequence is just fine, and what could cause this would either be an issue with the HDMI cable you're using, or the monitor not being on the correct Input. Could you please get me the model number off of the back of the Monitor? Also, do you have another cable you can try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't have new cable. However, when I shut off the hp-- the LG did function as a monitor. Obviously, I was missing something.Please remove my account from your database... I finally called my son-in- law, who solves my computer problems-- but I didn't think to call him and panicked.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any dealings with accounts, or billing- I am a tech. You would need to handle that yourself through customer service via the home page. Thank you.