Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I need English instructions UJ-120

Customer Question

I need English instructions for Panasonic UJ-120
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi is this for a blu-ray player and is it inside your computer?
The information you gave is vague so please be specific, also what may be wrong with the unit;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a blue ray/dvd external player purchased from Amazon.

Is usb and came with driver software

Right now it is not playing anything

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Hans,may I have the FULL model #?
The reason I needed to know which unit you had is the model # ***** gave isn't complete and is used for a few different units;-)
Also what is the problem you are having with the DVD player?
Please be detailed as to what happens or happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is no model number given. I purchased it from Amazon.I loaded the driver by using the provided disc. It appears that the loading worked. However it was accompanied by constant clicking.

When I tried to play CD or blue ray, the indicator light was on then off with clicking sound. Nothing was happening else.

The device was produced by Panasonic/Mitsuishita.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hans thanks for the info, I usually aren't on Sundays but I am trying to help.
How old is your Player?
The user manual wont help with this problem, but you can get one from Amazon.
As for the clicking I can help there.
But I need to approx date of purchase to advise you the best thing to do;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The modal was just purchased and received last week.

I wanted th use it primarily for playing Blue ray on my PC.

There was a CD included which was software for the Driver. I loaded via my built in cd/dvd hardware. After loading I was receiving all kinds of Japanese information.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hans, there should be an English manual on the disk as well.
But its also possible they sent the wrong disk with the unit, I know its frustrating but the exact same thing happened to me with a product years back loll. They don't list that manual online unfortunately but they have it at Amazon, Simply contact them for the manual they wont charge anything for that;-)
But this one sounds like its a defective unit anyway. I would exchange that one for new one, tit may have gotten damaged during shipping.
The clicking means there is a mechanical component that has broken.
Your Blu-Ray unit is still fully covered and Amazon is very good about sending a replacement with no questions asked;-)
I will stick with you in case you need me further, you can reach me after rating at no additional cost .
please be sure to rate my answer kindly at this time before closing this page.
It won't cost you anything additional to rate and I will be with you at no additional cost and you can always get in touch with me if you need further help;-)
Thank you Hans and have a great day!
Please rate before closing this page Hans and keep me informed of how this goes, If you need further info also let me know;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for your help. Amazon will refund my money after they have received the returned product.

I will make the next purchase at Frye

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Good idea ;-)
Have an awesome evening Hans, and please remember to rate my service to you kindly before closing this page.