John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a DS-3400 Voice Recorder. I just dictated a large file

Customer Question

I have a DS-3400 Voice Recorder. I just dictated a large file and out of no where, the screen indicated that the file was protected. I put the SD card in my computer and found that there are now no files on the disc at all. Have I lost the files or are they just hidden?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you see other recording files on the card?
If you remove the card, then connect the recorder to the computer with the USB cable, do you see any recording file?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a windows 7 computer.I just connected my recorder to the computer via a USB cable and the disc is still empty. I seem to have lost my files!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there?
Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can check on the issue directly through your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you provide any other feedback without remotely connecting and incurring any additional fee to me?
Remote support is easier and quicker to troubleshoot, and there is no additional fee. Is that okay? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8ee32ed1-01c4-408d-9715-de8695ecfaf9
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry. The legal disclaimer does not guarantee any security for my computer.
I'm sorry, you can see everything I do on the screen; I've been doing remote support for hundred of customers previously, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403
We guarantee our service; please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, Ill take a chance.
.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can provide you with some additional additional assistance. Would you still like someone to connect to your computer?