Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I haven't used the kindle in a while and it won't connect to

Customer Question

I haven't used the kindle in a while and it won't connect to the internet - the bars are black and lookalike it is connected but… I am guessing that is why I can't get into the store or audible books file.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Please press and hold the power button to the ON position on the Kindle for 40 seconds and release. Then wait a full minute for it to reboot.
If this does not work then try the reset up to three more times and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't have a power button that I can press and hold. There is a switch at the top - I t worked. Now one other question. I paid thru pay pal - I do not want to sign up for a monthly charge. What do I do?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
That is the power button- the switch, the terms mean the same thing. Glad to hear it worked. Now regarding billing- I am not privy to that. I'm an independent tech- not a site employee. You need to direct any monthly billing issues to customer service via the home page. My job is to provide tech support for your product and when you're satisfied, I ask you to click a POSITIVE RATING as that is my livelihood.