Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

We have a JVC XLF154BK 5 CD changer. The OPEN/CLOSE feature

Customer Question

We have a JVC XLF154BK 5 CD changer. The OPEN/CLOSE feature is intermittent and we are often unable to OPEN the tray to change out CDS. It plays with no problems. Can you direct me on how to repair the stuck tray door, or where to find a local device center? Thank you. Jeanne
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is it? There are not many authorized centers so if under warranty you would most likely need to mail it.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit belongs to my elderly parents and it's about 3 years old. Since it's out of warranty I'm really just looking for a local repair center. Was hoping there was a "quick fix" that I could do without taking it in. Thanks anyways.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
There is usually a way to force the tray out if it breaks. Look around for a very very tiny pin hole. Do you see one at all?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Freddy; no worries, I'm not near the unit. Goodbye. Jeanne
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok well when you get a chance to look you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your JVC.
.