Steve G., Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut since 1974. Home Theater advisor. Vinyl holdout!
329447

My vsx1023 will power on and play thru one surround mode only,

Customer Question

My vsx1023 will power on and play thru one surround mode only, I cannot change to any other profile setting now and the remote volume does not work along with 95% of the rest of the buttons now. I can turn it off and on with the remote and switch between a few of the HDMI buttons. But nothing more! What the heck happened??? Also the front panel buttons do not work on the front of the receiver either except for the zone on and off buttons. This just happened and I have never once had a single issue with this receiver and it is in a wide open rack so airflow has never been an issue and I have thermostatically controlled fans on top for more cooling just to be safe. Please help me get this unit back to regular working order. What can I do at this point? I have powered it off for more than a minute at the circuit protected and fused outlet strip. Yes I have removed and replaced the remote batteries also and it has done nothing to help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. We can do a system reset. Let me get that info for you. Hold on please - reply so that I know you are there :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, to reset the Pioneer, follow THESE instructions.Let me know if that fixes the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve! That seemed to do the trick man! Sweet!
Jon
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Great. Glad to have been of help. I hope that answers your question. If it does, please remember to rate the service I provided. Don't worry, this won't close your question... you can still come back whenever you want if you need more information. Thanks very much. Steve