Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have sony receiver dav-hdx676wf, and I got error c 3100,

Customer Question

Hi I have sony receiver dav-hdx676wf, and I got error c 3100, I can't eject dvd pocket
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but please let me suggest a couple things, and we can go from there. 1) Please unplug the unit from power, wait 60 seconds and plug it back in. 2) Press and hold the eject button on the front of the unit for 20 seconds, or until the disc ejects- whichever comes first. Please let me know what happens. If it works, please press a POSITIVE RATING so that I am credited. If not, simply reply back and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

didn't help

mechanism did work but tray not open disc1 button is green, when I push eject nothing happen

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean "mechanism did work"? Also, I asked you to press and hold Eject for 20 seconds- could you hear the eject motor trying to engage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I heard inside how gears working and dvd pocket working up and down

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, you've either got a hardware failure in the system, or there's a disc jammed inside. You would need to unplug it and remove the screws from the sides and rear and remove the top cover to proceed further. Is this something you're comfortable doing?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The Error C3100 indicates that a disc is not installed properly, which sounds like it could be the issue you're having.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don,t have cd inside and I not able open tray

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Then the eject mechanism is faulty and this requires service to the unit. This isn't something you could do yourself, as the parts and schematics are only available through Sony, and would require an authorized repair center to fix it. The average cost for this type of repair is in the $175 range- which I realize is not good news. If you'd like to have the system repaired, you can use the link to locate an authorized Sony shop in your area: https://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know, and please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING for my efforts before you go. It is my livelihood.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need further assistance with this.