Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have programmed my Sony radio/alarm correctly and it comes

Customer Question

I have programmed my Sony radio/alarm correctly and it comes on as scheduled, but it doesn't shut off automatically as I would have expected (other automatic radio/alarms usually do so). Is there a way to program automatic shutoff?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. Turning off after two hours is standard for any alarm clock. There is no way to set that length. It's meant to go off until it wakes you up, or two hours later, whichever comes first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you misunderstood the question: I've programmed the radio to come on at a certain time and I'm asking if the radio shuts off automatically after a certain amount of time has elapsed (an hour on my previous clock/radio). This one (Sony) did not shut off after an hour. Does the radio shut off automatically after 2 hours? If not, can it be programmed to do so?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
It cannot be programmed to do so, but most Sony clock radios are set to turn off after 2 hours. It is rare that a clock will shut off after 1 hour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My previous clock/radio was a Timex, and it shut off automatically after 1 hour.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
I believe you, I am just saying that is rare. Most alarm clocks, since the beginning of digital alarm clocks are factory set to shut off at the 2 hour mark.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reply I received was helpful and professional. Thank you for your services. Joan Ruderman
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome Joan. Let me know if I can help in the future.