Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I'm trying to stream analog video from gz-hm65bu to a Dazzle

Customer Question

I'm trying to stream analog video from gz-hm65bu to a Dazzle device.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. I'm familiar with these devices. Which model Dazzle do you have, and which operating system are you using on your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember which model, but it's not the dazzle that is the problem, since it works fine with other cameras. For some reason the camera in question won't send analog video out of the A/V port while in the record mode.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can provide you with some additional assistance.
I would make sure that you are able to play from this camera to your television first. Because that's a prerequisite for being able to play it into something that's going to capture it. In fact in this case if you can't get it to work from that camera you could go through another device. That wouldn't be the best option but, it's possible to do.
The reason for doing that is I'd like to just make sure that the output cable and is working and the mode that it's in for playback is working properly with the external output.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't work with a TV either
So, that rules out that it's a problem with the capture device. It has to be a problem with the camera itself.Does it play to the TV in playback mode? It sounds like in your question and in your description you're saying that it's not showing video when it's recording. I just want to make sure I understand.