John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I put a load of washing in this morning and left to eat breakfast

Customer Question

I put a load of washing in this morning and left to eat breakfast with friends. When I came back I went to get clothes out of the washing machine and it wouldn't unlock. I tried starting the load over again but the first time water tried to come in but the second time nothing. I held the button down thinking that would unlock the door. It didn't. What do I need to do to get the clothes out? Im not sure they are even clean.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  VideoTech replied 1 year ago.
Unplug the unit's power cord for 20 minutes to see if the micro locked the door. If it didn't, we need to know if it's a top load or front load unit, and we need the brand name and the model number on the unit. Top loaders usually have the model on the backside of the unit, or it's found on the back of the control panel. Front loaders unfortunately have it inside the door, so you may have to get your customer manual out or see if the manual is located on the back.