Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience

I have a Panasonic phone KX- TGA410C- B.I am on xxxxx

I have a Panasonic phone KX- TGA410C- B.I am on xxxxx system VOIP. the only problem I have is that when I make a conference call it does not accept my access code. After talking to xxxxx they in formed me that I have to convert my phone to DTMS. then it will work. How do you do that. Joe in Canada

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that, if Ring Central was talking to you over the phone, that what you heard as 'DTMS' was actually DTMF, a fancy term for tone dialing (as opposed to the older pulse dialing.)

So to check on that assumption, please tell me whether your phone, at present, when you dial a number, produces a number of clicks on the line corresponding to the number dialed (pulse dialing) ?

(DTMS is actually an acronym/abbreviation for 'Does That Make Sense?', or a US Army program of some sort. I can presume that your Ring Central support did not refer to either of those.)

Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You are probably right it should be DTMF you are the experts .

My phone at present do not produces any clicks.

Then I think xxxxx was giving you wrong advice. If your phone doesn't click-click-click-click when you dial '4', then you have tone dialing already. (If your phone produces one tone, at a certain pitch, when you dial a single number, then it is on tone dialing.)

If you have the conference call bridge advertised on this page in xxxx website:

xxx.xxxxxxx.xxx

then unfortunately all I can say is, you need to call xxxxx again about your defective access code.

Or, doubtfully - if your phone is fairly old, or has been treated badly / gotten dirty / dropped / stored below freezing temperatures / etc., then one button on the dial pad may have 'gone sour' and be producing tones a little off the right frequency.
In which case, a different conference call access code, with different numbers in it, would cure the problem.
But if your phone is not old, it is purely xxxxx problem, as far as I can see. If you don't have pulse dialing, then you have tone dialing. That's what DTMF means... unless they mean something more specific about your phone; In that case, please require them to be explicit about what they claim your phone needs, so that I can help you.

(This case can remain open while you check back with them about it, in case you still need further help with your phone from me.)

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech
Experience: 7+ years of professional experience