Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I have a Canon PowerShot D20 waterproof digital camera. After

I have a Canon PowerShot D20 waterproof digital camera. After about 6 months of excellent performance it has suddenly stopped working. There's no sign of leaking and he battery is also good. The camera just does not react and does not switch on.
Thank you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the battery contacts inside the camera itself?
.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Yes of course and the the contacts look dry and clean clean.

.
What kind of batteries are you using?
.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Canon

Battery pack NB-6L

Original that came together with the camera

.
You said you had changed the battery, did you have 2?
If not was the second one a genuine canon battery or a generic one?
.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

No, I have 2 identical bought together

.
Ok I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.
Hi ,
Let me see if I can help here.
I see that you purchased the camera less than a year ago? Is that correct?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I received it on Oct 2012, a bit more than one year ago but it stopped working in Aug 2013

Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.
Sorry to hear that,
Is Israel considered part of the UK?
As warranties there are usually 2 years, that would be great but let me know about the UK thing:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

OK. I actually have ordered it and received in the USA.

Thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately they only warranty if 1 year:-( But now that you are in Israel they may honor it.
But if not you can have that repaired by sending the camera to Cannon.
It sounds like a bad contact in the battery compartment or a loses wire but I don't recommend attempting that because that camera can be tricky to put back together if you don't know the inner working well.
I will stick with you on this until this camera is repaired but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Thank you
Tech Michael

Here is the website you need:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/

Also here is their phone # XXXXX your convenience:

Canon (UK) Ltd
Woodhatch
Reigate
Surrey
RH2 8BF

Tel:

Fax:
Website:

+44 (0)1737 220000
(Please note for consumer product support please contact: 0844(NNN) NNN-NNNN
+44 (0)1737 220022

www.canon.co.uk

Michael, Technician
Experience: Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.