ragankel0323
ragankel0323 , Hobbyist
Experience:  Gadget guru! I own several electronic devices and have encountered my fair share of issues.
75502995

I have an Automatic Doorman Lynx model 455 garage opener.

I have an Automatic Doorman Lynx model 455 garage opener. It works fine with the manual switch but the two remotes are not working. I have replaced batteries in both. Please what can be wrong?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  ragankel0323 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I will be helping you with this problem.

It is possible that your remote's batteries died and lost their programming. When you replaced the batteries in the remotes and press the open button, are you seeing a light indicating that they are transmitting, the light would be on the remote if it's there at all?

You can follow these steps to reprogram the remote to work with your garage door opener:

1. Locate the programming buttons on the rear panel of the power head unit; buttons are labeled "f+," "f-" and "SC."

2. Press the "SC" button to access the garage door opener's programming mode. Wait for the light bulb on the power head to flash once before proceeding.

3. Press and hold the large button on the transmitter remote for one second, then release. The light bulb will flash twice if the action has been performed successfully.

4. Press the large transmitter remote button again and hold for one second before releasing it. Note that the light will flash five times before glowing steadily for five seconds; this indicates that the programming process has been completed successfully.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The light indicator was always on even before I put in a new battery. I did that for trouble shooting.

I will try the instructions tomorrow and get back to you.

Sounds good.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The instructions did not help as it is not for the model I have. But I do appreciate your time and effort. Thank you.