Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation.
22727371

I have a dvd plugged into and old tv set and havewatched many dvds on

Customer Question

I have a dvd plugged into and old tv set and havewatched many dvd's on it . Now when I place any dvd in it it comes up "wrong disc"
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Md. Sadique :

Hello and thanks for your question.

Md. Sadique :

I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Md. Sadique :

Please send me a short message when you are online and ready to begin

Customer :

I am ready to begin...where are you?

Md. Sadique :

I am here

Md. Sadique :

Was waiting for your message.

Md. Sadique :

Let me clarify..

The DVDs which played before are now coming up with "wrong disc" message.

Customer :

My message was that my dvd comes up each time :wrong disc"

Md. Sadique :

What is the age of your DVD player ?

Customer :

Am I supposed to be hearing you?

Customer :

I've had it for only a few years....my daughter gave it to me

Md. Sadique :

Okay

Md. Sadique :

I am afraid to say the symptom indicates your unit's laser is faulty.

Md. Sadique :

First of all I would suggest you to clean the laser lens to see if it solves your problem.

1) Purchase a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc and run it through the system 5-6 times.

If you want, you can buy a CD/DVD laser lens cleaner disc by following this link- http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-CD-DVD-Player-Laser-Lens-Cleaner/dp/B00008EM7U

Customer :

Oh ,so do I repair it or get a new one?

Md. Sadique :

If the cleaning disk does not work then remove the cover of the device, you may be able to locate the laser eye clean the laser with a soft clean cue tip or a cotton bud using isopropyl alcohol.Then check with a magnifying glass for any traces of dirt.

If cleaning doesn't helps then you will have to replace the laser diode and replacing the laser diode is very expensive because it requires the entire optical pickup to be replaced and realigned.Therefore I would suggest you to please first of all enquire about the labor,installation charges etc before going for the repair because in some cases the cost of replacing the laser inside the unit will typically exceed the cost of buying a replacement unit.

Customer :

My friend gave me his cleaner disc and it also read "wrong disc"

Md. Sadique :

In that case it verifies that the laser has gone bad and needs replacement,

Md. Sadique :

Replacing the laser diode is very expensive because it requires the entire optical pickup to be replaced and realigned.

Customer :

Okay thanks for the pertinent info....do I still hace to pay you something?

Md. Sadique :

Sorry, to give you a bad news.

Md. Sadique :

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Customer :

What news?

Md. Sadique :

Regarding your DVD player

Customer :

Yes but do I owe you for that news?

Md. Sadique :

The amount you deposited for asking question.

Customer :

Pity

Md. Sadique :

Are you not satisfied with our service ?

Customer :

Yes once I figured out how to work the chat....but its a bit hefty for the info that its no good.

Md. Sadique :

I realize that this answer is not entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand and find this information useful.

Customer :

thanks ...Shelley

Md. Sadique :

If you want, I can process a refund for you.

Md. Sadique :

Because we want 100% customer satisfaction.

Md. Sadique :

We are more interested in making the customers happy with our service.

Customer :

Is that fair for you .....I just feel it a bit large to find out its worthless

Md. Sadique :

No problem.

Md. Sadique :

You are satisfied that's enough.

Customer :

Okay thank you very much....have a great day!

Md. Sadique :

Thank you for using JustAnswer; it's been my pleasure to serve you today. We'll hope to see you again in the future; between now and then, I wish you a pleasant day and a quick solution to this problem.

Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I was satisfied with him but I already told you that it was a lot of money for that , just to find out it is kaput!

Its always nice to hear that the customers are satisfied with the service they get here.

I have processed a refund for you you will get your money very soon.

Regards