Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Kurzweil 76LE . One of the notes, the G# XXXXX middle

I have a Kurzweil 76LE . One of the notes, the G# XXXXX middle C has started to sound either too soft or louder than normal The action is OK, no sticking. The problem is the inconsistency of the volume.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Even if the 'action' of the key does not sound at all wrong, there may be a part of the key mechanism that is going bad. There is the keyswitch, whose action you can feel with the finger... and then there's the electronic switch, which senses various things about each keypress, but which you cannot sense.

Your Kurzweil will probably need the electronic part of that key switch replaced, as the simplest and quickest solution. Do you think you can do so yourself? or would you like referral to the nearest local Kurzweil organ repair facility in your area? (If the latter, then please indicate what your locale is, by a zip code or city and state for your region. Thanks.)

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.