Russell H. , Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

In trying to connect a new replacement computer to u-verse,

In trying to connect a new replacement computer to u-verse, I was asked for my password XXXXX my 2wire147 modem. the passwors I have listed, from the installication date, shows as invalid. How do I get a new, valid password? Guy A Jenkins, (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the 2Wire modem was supplied when your AT&T U-verse service was installed, then I would advise you to ask AT&T U-verse support for the password XXXXX it. It may have been noted down wrong; It may have been changed; either way AT&T U-verse will be able to help you.
http://www.att.com/esupport/main.jsp?cv=803

If the 2Wire modem was set up (or the password XXXXX changed) by you yourself or some one other than an employee of AT&T U-verse, then you may have to re-set the modem and re-configure a new password XXXXX but get back to me if this is the case with more information about where the 2Wire modem in question came from, and who configured it when the U-verse system was installed, etc.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.