Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Panasonic DMC-T520 water proof camera. I didn´t use

I have a Panasonic DMC-T520 water proof camera. I didn´t use it for a couple of months. I charged the battery and when I turn it on it shows me a message System Error (Focus).
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In some cases, when a rechargeable battery is disused for a considerable interval, after some period of use and of charge and discharge cycles, its power delivery can become insufficient (even when charged again) for the proper operation of some of the camera's functions. I would advise replacing the battery altogether with a new one. (The alternative is to charge the old battery very thoroughly... but that caution applies to any new battery also: sometimes the proper recharge time on a fresh new battery is slightly longer than the usual. In short, recharge very thoroughly whether it is a fresh battery or the old/used battery.)

Let me know how the case turns out, please... I will have further suggestions as to what to do, if a fresh battery thoroughly charged does not solve the problem.

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

The battery is new. This camera is under US warranty but I live in Brazil. The camera was bought in November 2012.

The battery was charged and is working but it shows this error I reported.

Regards

A 'System Error (Focus)' condition in a camera like the one you are asking about, is a severe error that, if it does not go away upon resetting the camera (and thus prove temporary)... requires repair.

In this case, given that the camera is less than a year old, it needs to be returned to Panasonic USA for warranty repair or exchange (whichever one they prefer, see your Panasonic USA warranty terms...), which may be accomplished through this web page:

http://shop.panasonic.com/ecom/support/contact-us?t=service

or perhaps this one, due to your being in Brazil but having a Panasonic device that is covered by a USA warranty:

http://www.panasonic.net/support/

(This second page, is for Panasonic International, rather than only Panasonic USA. On it I would recommend to your attention either the 'Global Service Center Network' link, or the 'Contact Us' link. )

Please rate my Answer (hopefully favorably) so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your case. Thanks.