Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience in IT and customer support
15852642

I have a HD+ and the battery doesnt seem to be charging.

I have a HD+ and the battery doesn't seem to be charging. I have tried several things that were recommended on this website but nothing seems to be working. I have just had this since Christmas 2012 but I am wondering if the battery needs to be replaced?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You gave the model but not the brand is this a Kindle Fire HD?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is a Nook

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok thank you for clarifying that. When you did everything you mentioned have you also tried doing those things with a different cable?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I only have the one cable that works in the Nook.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The Nook should work with any android charging cable as they use the same interface. What you are describing can be caused by either the cable or the battery failing and needing to be replaced. To find out which we need to see if it will charge using a different cable.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure if my last reply went through. The Nook has a 30 pin cable & and Android phone has a USB cable.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok it sounds like you have a different version than I thought however the issue is still the same. What you are describing can be caused by either the cable or the battery failing and needing to be replaced. To find out which we need to see if it will charge using a different cable.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I do that? Do I need to go buy a cable?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If you bring it somewhere like radio shack or a small shop they will sometimes test the cable for you if you tell them.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have a Radio Shack in town. I will give that a try. If it isn't the cable, then do I replace the battery?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes, please let me know the results so if you do need a battery I can help you with it.
You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and click on my questions at the top.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX let you know what happens.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I took my cable into Radio Shack & it is working fine. I should have known that because it would light up the charging indicator light & show the battery trying to charge. I plugged it in one more time when I got home and the green light never came on it stayed amber colored the whole time. Since I just got it at Christmas time, should I send it back to the company & have them check it out?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes you may want to bring it to a Barnes and Noble store they can usually send it out from there to check it. They can sometimes exchange it there as well. As when this happens they sometimes replace it with a refurbished one. It sounds like the port may be failing or the battery itself as I mentioned before. Both should be covered by the warranty. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience: Years of experience in IT and customer support