Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have the same problem with my Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional

I have the same problem with my Chamberlain Liftmaster Professional 1/2 HP garage door opener. I got it newly installed 2 years ago. About a month ago the keyless entry stopped working, I replaced the batteries with no luck. While the keyless entry stopped working my car remote became intermittent (would only work if I really close to the motor unit) but now nothing works at all. help!

Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

If the battery has been replaced in your remote, it will need to be reprogrammed again - see here:

If the keyfob remote or car remote only work at close range, check that nothing is interfering with the sensor on the motor unit - perhaps some new equipment has been placed nearby and is interfering with the signal.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The remote doesn't work intermittently anymore.

Tried power cycling the motor unit and that didn't help. Tried reprogramming the remote and that didn't help either. Still only able to open/close my garage through the door opener on the wall.

If reprogramming did not work, then the problem seems to be the with the remote itself.
The button(s) may not be sending the signal to the door opener when pressed -
Try carefully disassembling the remote and check that the contacts under the buttons are making good contact. Use contact cleaner if necessary.
Let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok I will try that this weekend.

But if my wireless keypad doesn't work either could the problem be with the motor unit or sensor?

The wireless keypad will also need to be reprogrammed after changing the batteries.

If you need assistance reprogramming it, let me know which model of keypad you have.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, I was able to reprogram my wireless keypad remote (yay!) so I tried programming my remote again with no luck. ..turns out I had a bad battery in the remote..changed out the battery and by following the youtube link you sent me I was able to get everything working again..thanks!!

Glad to hear you got it working again!