PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

It appears the screen on my kindle is damaged. Can I get a

Customer Question

It appears the screen on my kindle is damaged. Can I get a new one fitted, how much and where. I'm in Perth WA
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  PramitP replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. I will try my best to get your Kindle working.

This happen mostly due to some problem in the firmware. First reset your Kindle by pressing or sliding and holding the power switch(at the bottom) for 20 seconds. Release the power switch. This will reboot the Kindle. If it still doesn't work, plug the charger for 10 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process. Let me know if it helps. If it won't work, we'll see what can be done.

How old is your Kindle?

Regards,

Pramit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Pramit, I'm only guessing the screen is damaged. I only have half screen readable, the other (bottom) half has the screen saver on it and it won't go off. The Kindle was a gift and is not quite 12 months old. Have tried the first reboot and nothing changed

Expert:  PramitP replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian, don't worry, lets try the following.

Connect the Kindle to charger for 10 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process.

Also, could you please try sliding for 60 seconds instead of 20? Try it atleast 3 times if it doesn't work for the first time.

Let me know if there is any change.

Could you please confirm if it less than a year old or not?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No change to the screen.

To the best of my knowledge it is under 12 months old

Expert:  PramitP replied 1 year ago.

It seems like there is internal failure which is with the hardware.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear but I will try my best to present the "not-a-good news" in an acceptable manner.

Now, the best thing to do is contact Amazon. They will send you a replacement for free(as yours is less than a year old)

There is no point in repairing because it will cost you a new Kindle.

I would suggest, call up Amazon and get a replacement. That way, you will be able to read your old books which are still present in your Amazon account.

By the way, you can get all your books from archives so you won't lose them at all and till you get a new one, you can use your Kindle account on your computer or ipad or laptop to read the books.

You can call Amazon at 1-206-266-0927

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not rate unless you are not satisfied. A Poor/Bad(1 or 2 Star) Rating affects my profile and performance here. If you feel like rating "Bad Service/I expected more" or "Poor Service/Helped a little", please stop yourself from rating and continue the conversation. I want you to be a happy and satisfied customer. If I have given you anything less than an excellent service, please let me know so that I can assist you further in providing the excellent service you deserve.

If you feel I have helped, please click on any of the smiley faces/stars after the second one from left to accept and rate my answer.

Regards,

Pramit

PramitP, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University