Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I purchased a Digitech Weather Station (xc0348) from Jaycar

I purchased a Digitech Weather Station (xc0348) from Jaycar about three years ago. It worked fine until six months ago when for no reason one of the alarms would go off and the only way to reset it was to tap the screen. There was no continuity to the timing of the alarm, sometimes every three minutes and then it would be OK but resume after an hour or so. The only way to stop this was to remove the batteries and do a full re-boot but the problem persisted. I tried different batteries (alkyline, lithium etc.) to no avail. I replaced the batteries in the sensor units but no luck. I constantly use the unit when aboard my boat and I would rather fix it than replace the unit. Any assistance you can provide would be most appreciated, regards XXXXX XXXXX
Hello Ross,
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The alarm malfunction you are experiencing may be hardware or software related, and will be difficult to track down without Digitech's diagnostic test equipment.
You can check for any obvious signs of damaged or broken internal components, and check for bad solder joints. If nothing obvious is found, then the only other option is to return the weather station to Digitech for repair.