Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation.
22727371

I have the Tascam CD-GT1mkII. I have taken out the old batteries

I have the Tascam CD-GT1mkII. I have taken out the old batteries and It is still not working.

Jelp!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question Barb. I look forward to assisting you with the best answer possible.

Do you hear the CD running ?

Do you get any error message "No disc" ?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Nothing is working. It is plugged in and I have taken out the old batteries.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I answereed these ?'s and have gottne no response.

I am writing the solution. It will take few minutes.

Regards
I am sorry for the delay in follow up,

This symptom indicates that the power is not reaching the CD player. I suspect something is loose somewhere.

As a first step we need to clean the battery terminals as the unit was not used for 2 years.

Before that tell me, Were the batteries corroded when you replaced them with the new one?

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I took the old batteries out and they were not corroded. I did NOT replace them. I am using the power source and nothing is working.

Thanks for replying,

Is the unit completely dead or only the CD player unit ?

Do you see any lights on the display ?

Sorry to trouble you again.

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I only have the CD trainer plugged in and there are no lights on it.

Thanks for replying,

I am afraid to say the power supply unit inside the CD trainer has gone bad. As a result of which power is not reaching the main board.

Do you have new batteries for this unit ?

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I could try batteries. OK! I just put new batteries in and it is working. So, now, how do I work it without using the batteries?

Thanks for replying,

If the unit is working alright with the batteries then its a good thing. The power supply unit is working alright. That's the reason I told you to try out the batteries, it will help us to isolate the problem better.

Either the PS-PS5 AC adapter or the power receptacle is bad.

As a first step you can try repacing the Adapter and see if it makes any difference.

If it doesn't helps then you need to open up the unit and replace the power receptacle.

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Regards,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Where do I get a new Adapter or Power receptacle? Since this is not the latest model, should I just forget replacing and go with the batteries?

Thanks for replying Barb,

Please follow this link to purchase the AC Adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-CD-GT1MKII-Instrument-Trainer-Charger/dp/B008H7MBM8

You don't need to replace the power receptacle if its loose. It will only require re-soldering. If you are not comfortable with the soldering then you can try out some local electronics repair shop.

Are you satisfied with my efforts ?

Do I deserve a positive rating today ?

Regards
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I am delighted with your assistance. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

How do I adjust the pitch on the device. Everything is about a half tone too high?

Thanks for replying Barb,

Would you like a user manual of your unit ?

I think its going to help you with all the setting you require to adjust.

Regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I would like a user's manuel.

Great!

Please follow this link to download the user manual of your unit: http://tascam.com/content/downloads/products/372/CD-GT1MKII_manual.pdf

Is there anything else I can help with ?

Regards