Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

I am trying to transfer picutres from my PC to my DPF. I get

Customer Question

I am trying to transfer picutres from my PC to my DPF. I get the message:

Connection withPC is established. System is temporarily inoperative.

It is not temporary. I got this message the last time I tried, but did not have time to pursue it then.

Please advise.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer Roberta. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

What is the model number of your DPF ?

for example: PAN7000DW etc.

What is the age of your DPF ?

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Model Number is XXXXX It is almost three years old.

Thanks for replying,

Lets restore your unit to factory defaults.

From the HOME screen of your DPF > press MENU > Then select Reset to Factory Defaults, and then select Yes to reset.

Then wait until it finishes resetting after that press EXIT to return to the HOME screen.

Then try connecting it with PC.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Please use the Reply to Expert feature.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This did not work. According to the manual, once I have the USB Cable connected to both the PC and the DPF I am to receive a window listing all drives connected to the computer. I do not receive that. I receive a window that asks me what I want to do.

1. Print pictures by using Photo Printing Wizard

2. One touch to your digital pictures using Kodak Easyshare Software

3. Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer

4. No action

I have tried choosing 3 and 4 and this did not work.

My pictures are on my C Drive and Pandigital is on G. Does this mean anything?

Thanks for replying Roberta,

When you choose the option 3 "Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer", it will show you the drive of your DPF, do you see the files of your DPF there ?

You have to copy the pictures from your C drive and then paste them in the G drive.

Please let me know whether you have tried this or not.

If yes, then what problem arises.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did this and several of the pictures did transfer to the DPF, but others did not. They say Unsupported Format, but the format is the same as the other pictures in the folder. Please advise.

Thanks for replying,

What is the format of all the pictures ?

for example: JPEG etc.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

JPEG

Would you like me to remote in and solve the problem myself ?

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I will be back online this evening around 9:30 P.M. your time. Please contact me then.

Thanks for replying,

Its very confusing because you don't know where I live and what is my time zone.

Tell me the time according to your time zone.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

8:30 CST

I am online now.

Would you like to continue now ?

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Great!

Please follow this link: https://join.me/

Then click on the orange 'start meeting' button, then download and install the join.me program. Open it up thereafter, then click 'Share' - you will be provided with a 9-digit code accordingly.

Just tell me the 9-digit code, and I'll be remotely connected. Thanks!

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

xxxx xxx xxx

Thanks!

Your problem is solved. Please rate this answer to close.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Regards,

Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience: Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry