PramitP
PramitP, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in Electrical and Electronics from AVV University
12720903

Dear Sir/Madam, My Kindle book is not responding,it has

Dear Sir/Madam,

My Kindle book is not responding,it has a grey blank
face and the on/off light does not illuminate.
It does not respond to recharging.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer. I'm so sorry to hear about the problem.

This happen mostly due to some problem in the firmware. First reset your Kindle by pressing(or sliding) and holding the power switch(at the bottom) for 20 seconds. Release the power switch. This will reboot the Kindle. Try rebooting 5-6 times. If it still doesn't work, plug the charger for 10 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process. Let me know if it helps. If it won't, then we'll figure something else out.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not rate unless you are not satisfied. A Poor/Bad(1 or 2 Star) Rating affects my profile and performance here. If you feel like rating "Bad Service/I expected more" or "Poor Service/Helped a little", please stop yourself from rating and continue the conversation. I want you to be a happy and satisfied customer.

Regards,

Pramit

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir,

Have followed your advice,still no response,

still plugged into charger,orange light is illuminated,

still have grey blank face on Kindle!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Now, connect the Kindle to you computer USB port for 10 minutes and while it is plugged, try the reboot process.

Also, could you please try sliding for 60 seconds instead of 20? Try it atleast 3 times if it doesn't work for the first time.

Let me know how it goes.

Fingers crossed!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have carried out your new suggestion,charger

continues to be plugged in,have rebooted 5 times

each time at least 60 seconds,still no response.

Jeff

Ok, it seems like there is internal failure which in with the hardware.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear but I will try my best to present the "not-a-good news" in an acceptable manner.

Now, there are two options, one is contact Amazon, who might provide you discount on next purchase of Kindle and the other option is buy another E-Reader.

There is no point in repairing because it will cost you a new Kindle. Also, if it were less than a year old then Amazon would have provided you with a new one- free of cost.

I would suggest, call up Amazon and try to get a deal on another Kindle. That way, you will be able to read your old books which are still present in your Amazon account.

By the way, you can get all your books from archives so you won't lose them at all and till you get a new one, you can use your Kindle account on your computer or ipad or laptop to read the books.

You can call Amazon at 1-206-266-0927

Regards,

Pramit