Joe
Joe , Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

I am replacing the battery for my alarm mct-302 approx. every

I am replacing the battery for my alarm mct-302 approx. every 3 -4 months.is there any reason the battery does not hold the charge?. P
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

Which manufacture/brand of battery are you using?

This is a lithium battery but only lasts for the amount of time its been used, is the door opened often?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lithium battery er34615m/w200 3.6v.the front door of the house is the main entrance so is used often but not when alarm is activated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The alarm is only activated when we go to bed at night or when we are away from home which is,nt very often.

Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Brian,

That is correct but the battery is still working in the unit as this is wireless, the alarm is just off, the unit itself still knows every single time the door has been opened and thus is often can drain the battery down... That's why I was asking.

The battery provides voltage at all times to the unit.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you Joe for your help ,I will just have to replace the battery although it is a bit costly every 4 months.at least I now know what the problem is. many thanks
Brian.

Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Brian,

I am not fully certain on how long the battery should last as that is never something that is given on the devices, but based on its amount of use it could be draining faster then one not used very much, it is still wireless though so uses more.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face/rating with
poor/bad please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The
first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two
are positive and only for those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you
are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I
will be glad to help you. The deposit you placed when you opened the question
is only a deposit you can then click accept or one of the smile faces, but
again only if you are satisfied and only when you are ready to do so. The
rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason
please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi joe

the problem is the battery in the outdoor siren,i can't see how using the entrance would effect the battery as there is no pir sensor on it,i do or may think it is a faulty siren maybe as this is the 4th battery we have used in under 2 years

brian

Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Brian,

This is because the model/part number you provided of which was MCT-302 is a door/window contact and is not an alarm... what you provided only sends a signal to the alarm station letting it know a door or window is open/closed.

If it is the siren then that has to be a different part number then the one you provided.

http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/Door-window-contact-mct-302

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi joe

sorry made a mistake,the part no for the siren is mcs-730 which I believe is for the external siren.The battery in this siren is draining every 3-4 months

thanks again

brian

Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Brian,

Ok that changes things as that is a different unit and it has a "rated" battery life of around 3 years. Are you only using 1 battery or 2 as the 2nd being optional?

Is the keep alive led set to on or off?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi joe

only one battery being used looking at it its only designed for 1 battery,can you explain where the keep alive led button is in the external siren

thanks

brian

Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Brian,

The led keep alive activation switch is located on the bottom of the unit, the unit has an optional slot at bottom for a second battery. Here is the manual:

http://www.electropoint.hu/uploaded_files_fck/file/termekek/riaszto/visonic/visonic_manual_powercode/mcs_730_installer_guide_eng_d301680.pdf

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi joe

led keep alive led is switched off,so have you any other ideas to why maybe battery keeps draining prematurely

thanks

brian

Expert:  Joe replied 3 years ago.

Brian,

Not at all, either try a 2nd battery as well or I would exchange/replace it. Manufacture calls for 3 years even at that it should last close to a year. There's really nothing else unless going off a lot that is going to drain it.

Thanks,

Joe