Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

I installed an avh3500bhs about three days ago, and it was

I installed an avh3500bhs about three days ago, and it was working fine. Now, all of a sudden, it won't turn on. Help please.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

One thing I always wish to try and do is let you know if
something comes up and I am not able to reply back right away but this is
sometimes something I cannot avoid. I will always try to reply back to you
right away however please understand that I may be busy answering another
customer back and thus it may sometimes take time to reply back to you. As soon
as I return I will be sure to reply back to you as soon as I am able to.

Did you just purchase it prior to the install or was it used?

Did you check the radio fuse in the fuse box and then the fuse(s) on the back of the radio as well along with connections to it?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new from amazon. ALL fuses are fine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Matt,

Did you check the voltages on the red/yellow on 12vdc at all times and the other 12vdc with key on, then the black ground using a voltmeter?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I dont have a voltmeter. It has worked fine until this morning.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Matt,

The only way to diagnose the problem is with a voltmeter as well need to know if it is a loss of power/ground or if the problem is the actual unit. Other then that all you can do is press the reset button on the unit.

Once we figure out if the problem is electrical or the unit itself then we can proceed.

Also, without a voltmeter/test light then there is no way the fuses were correctly checked as that is the only way to test them, visually looking at them will not show if they are good or bad.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whatever. It is on now but with no sound. I am just going to take it somewhere to get looked at. We are done.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Matt,

I do not understand why you are upset, I cannot help you diagnose the problem if you will not complete the tests I need as this then would be a guess at best.... you could have a bad head unit needing repair, bad wiring connectors/harness, bad amp if it has an amp installed, etc.....

What info were you looking for that would not require testing?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just done with this, not upset. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Matt,

No problem, I just wanted to make sure you were not unhappy with my service, I fully understand if you do not have the equipment to preform the testing as not everyone will be able to own certain tools in which case as yours it does seem in best interest to take it in for a shop to preform the diagnosis.

I do wish you the best and have a great day.

If
you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

Thanks,

Joe

Bonuses
are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 happy face please instead
reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are
negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for
those 3 do I get a pos rating. If for any reason you are not satisfied please
reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. The
deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit you can then click
accept or one of the smile faces, but again only if you are satisfied and only
when you are ready to do so. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert
not the site or the product. If you have
any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
again for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe, Mechanic
Experience: Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.