Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech , Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

my new nexus 7 is locked

my new nexus 7 is locked
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 4 years ago.

Did you forget the lock pattern / password?

Can you use your google/gmail account to unlock (if you did enter your google/gmail account previously on the nexus device) (Try entering wrong pattern or password XXXXX 5 or 10 times. It should display “forgot pattern?” or “forgot pin?” etc option)?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know what the lock pattern is. I am brand new to this. I set up a new gmail account on the nexus but am unsure of my password. Also, i set up a new gmail account on google. Help!

Does it let you to reset/enter any password XXXXX the nexus?

Can you log in your gmail/google account with your gmail/google password XXXXX the website http://gmail.com/?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When i turn on the nexus, it shows the date and time and a lock, which keeps blinking when i touch it. My new g-mail account is open and shows 4 emails welcoming me to google, etc.

Can you touch and slide?

Did you set any pattern/password XXXXX the Nexus?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't think I set a password XXXXX the Nexus. I just touched the lock and slid it and got a message that I couldn't sign in. Also now it says that i don't have a network connection. However, I am writing this on my laptop on my network.

What is it asking to sign in?

Can you go to Applications -> Settings -> Wireless and network, then go to Wi-Fi settings, then turn on Wi-Fi if needed, then connect to your wireless network name?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

on the Nexus when i try to access wifi with my wifi password, it tries to connect and then says disconnected. I'm ready to cry and take my nexus 7 back!

Don't worry, I will continue to work with you. It's just a router network settings issue.

If you enter a wrong password, does it give a different error message?

What is the brand and model of your wireless router?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nexus is now asking me to sign in. When i use the nexus gmail that i set up (without a password) it tells me is is unavailable. also, i'm on linksys wifi whatever that is... when i use the new google email address, it won't let me sign in with that one either.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

router is 2wire

So you are able to connect to your wireless/Wi-Fi network name now right?

Can you sign in (not sign up) the google/gmail account; make sure to type in the password XXXXX (password XXXXX XXXXX)?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, i can't connect to my wireless/wifi with my network and password. i'm on linksys which shows up in the list of wifi networks in my building and does not require a password. After trying to sign in with my google email i got a message "can't establish a reliable connection to the server. Try again....

Don't try to sign in your google email yet, or don't do anything else yet as the Nexus is not able to connect to wireless/wi-fi yet.

Let's try connecting to your 2wire.. (not linksys), from the Wi-Fi ... option on the Nexus, select the 2WIRE.... network name and check. Please check at the back/bottom of your 2WIRE for the model and the password/key.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2Wire 1000SW and i have the password XXXXX down which i have used many times.

Did you go to Wi-Fi... option, then select the wireless network name called 2WIRE..., then enter the right password, then what happens ; if you enter the wrong password, what happens?

Can you go to http://gateway.2wire.net and/or the website http://192.168.1.254 (if it asks for the password, then check the system password XXXXX the bottom/back of the router), then look for the network / wireless / security option to confirm the wireless network name (SSID) and password/key (it is case-sensitive)?

Thank you,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I went to both websites that you suggested and it wants me to change my password. It's too confusing. I'm taking my Nexus 7 back to the store. It may be too advanced for me. I lost my iPod and thought this was a good and exiting new replacement, but I think it's not a good fit for me. Thanks for all of your help. You've been very patient and kind.

Sorry about that. You're welcome. If you still have any further question later, or need help setting a new iPod or other devices, etc., please let me know any time via this web page. Thank you very much.