GadgetGuru
GadgetGuru, Engineer
Experience:  15 yrs in Consumer Electronics
36856233

My dads Bose model #AWRCC1 stopped working. The display is

My dad's Bose model #AWRCC1 stopped working. The display is dim and barely perceptible but keeps time. We changed the battery in the remote but still nothing. When you unplug the radio and then plug it back in, the display is bright and it says 'please wait' then it dims down to nothing again. (Sort of like it is powered down, but we can't 'wake' it up.)
What can we do?
Cam

GadgetGuru :

Hi there Cam, thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to try and assist you with your issue.

Hi there Cam, it seems you weren't available for a live chat. No worries, we can chat here.

Unfortunately your radio is most likely going to need professional Bose repair. We have seen this issue before and it's possible you have faulty capacitors or a defective board in your radio. Sometimes Bose can send you a software CD rom to upgrade your unit but I don't think this is a software issue. Unless you are comfortable with a multimeter, soldering gun and buying and installing electronic components then your best bet is to arrange this through Bose who will do a great job handling this. Please call 1-800-380-4831 and there will most likely be a flat fee repair or free if it's under warranty. Also, we have seen a lot of thunder storms recently and many folks have been receiving indirect lightning surges wrecking their electronic equipment. You may want to invest in a high quality surge suppressor if you have expensive consumer electronics. These should not be confused with $10 power strips we all use at Xmas time.

If there is anything further I can do to assist please let me know. If not, kindly click the green accept button below. Also, please consider leaving positive feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you again for using JA and have a great day. Michael, CT USA
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well thank you for your assistance. I was hoping it was going to be something quick and simple although I was afraid that might not be the case. I will call the 1-800 number. Thanks again!
Sorry, i was I had better news. Also, ask them about their upgrade exchange program. It might be better to upgrade to a new unit if you need to pay for the old one to be repaired. Sometimes they offer an exchange program and give really great pricing on newer versions. Basically it's a trade in program. Worth asking about. I had a similar issue with mine last year and upgraded for $100 to a brand new unit.

Best of luck to you. Kindly click the ACCEPT button and feel free to ask me related questions if something pops up. Have a nice day! Mike