GadgetGuru
GadgetGuru, Engineer
Experience:  15 yrs in Consumer Electronics
36856233

Model #AWR1-1W Radio will not play, replaced 9 volt batt.,

Model #AWR1-1W Radio will not play, replaced 9 volt batt., everything is lit but will not play, clock functions. This problem has been ongoing for several months ... Sometimes the radio does function ... for a few days... then will not. Has not worked now for more than a month.
Hi there and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to try and assist you with your issue.

Unfortunately your radio is most likely going to need either a software/firmware upgrade or a repair from Bose directly. We have seen this issue before and it's possible you have faulty capacitors or a defective board in your radio. However, this could be a software issue which Bose can sometimes send a free CD to repair. Your best bet is to arrange this through Bose who will do a great job handling this. Please call 1-800-380-4831 and there will most likely be a flat fee repair or free for the software\firmware.

If there is anything further I can do to assist please let me know. Please leave positive feedback and bonuses are also greatly appreciated. Thank you again for using JA and have a great day. Michael, CT USA
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Michael!

Thanks for your suggestions on the issue I have with my Bose Radio. I appreciate the information you sent about the Bose CD repair. I will go ahead and call the 800 number you provided. I suspected that it was some sort of capacitor or relay problem because sometimes it would work for a few days after a period of time. I am disappointed that it will take this step to get it repaired. I think the Bose flat fee is pretty pricey ... perhaps I might just replace the unit depending on the price.

Again thanks for your technical opinion.