Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

Vingcard 2100 series, key cards are not encoding on the encoder

Vingcard 2100 series, key cards are not encoding on the encoder and it reads encoder not responding and i dont know whats wrong.Does it mean that the encoder needs a new part or not.We have 3 encoders and all of them are doing the same thing.One of the units does not even do anything
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We will go back and forth exchanging information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will only give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
3. I am a real hands on Master Technician and fix these issues everyday in my shop in FL.
4. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished.

* Favorable outcomes are always desired, but can sometimes be out of our control.

I see that your Question is several hours old and am inquiring to see if you still needed help with this or would like to cancel.

Thanks,
XXXXX XXXXXndsey

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still wanting to know why the 3 encoders that i have for vingcard are not working.They are not being keyed when we swipe the card on the encoder.Do i need parts for it and what type of part is required for the encoder to work.Is it a simple thing to do or what please reply and let me know what would be needed to do.It is a 2100 series vingcard system.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Did all 3 encoders stop working at the exact same time? Are these all standalone encoders with a touchscreen on them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No all the encoders stopped working at different times and its the encoder base that is not responding in keying the keycards and not the touchscreen encoder.Does that make sense to you and are you understanding my question.You take a keycard and swipe it downwards to enter the room number on the key.It is actually on the encoder base where all the problems are for all 3 of the encoders and is there a part thats not functioning in the base thats not working.The encoder always reads ENCODER NOT RESPONDING.Await your reply urgently as all of them are giving me alot of problems.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

If your getting that error before the card is even being swiped, it sounds like the Power Supply is providing too low of voltage to properly sustain the encoder. Replacements can be purchased from here: http://shop2.acculock.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_53_85&product_id=571. I would replace one and see how well it works.

Carl L, Master Technician
Experience: Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The error on the encoder actually shows encoder not responding after we first put in the room number,swipe the card and a few seconds later the message appears.What do you think it is.Is the error in the base or on the actual encoder where all the number buttons are.I am not quite sure what you would call that.Is it the reader or what.
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
They actually call the encoder the base without the Keypad and they are very expensive. If it didn't give a positive write, then it may glitch itself out. That could be caused by not having enough power going to the encoder's magnetizer. Replacing the Power Supply would be the first step. It's located in the base itself.