ricke1973
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS
Experience:  DEGREE IN ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY

Why does my surround system intermittenly cut out and display

Why does my surround system intermittenly cut out and display odd lines on the screen. as well as displaying no power is present
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 2 years ago.

Hello [Sir/Ms], My name is XXXXX XXXXX Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem,, this sounds like the display board is defective,, this is the board thats actually powering the display,, or possibly the power supply to this board,, intermittingly is always a type of component failing when cold or hot,, this unit will need repair. unfortunately theirs no quick fix friend,,

let me know if there is anything else I can do for you!

If you have more questions please ask if not satisfied!

Only accept an answer when you are totally satisfied and willing to leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs even if the unit is repaired now or needs to go to the shop then please press the "accept" button. you can always reply back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your response,

I have a fair bit of experience with electronics and was curious for second opinion. I couldnt put it down as the sub as i had exchange the display/control unit with the display one and it took a while to start happening again (enought time for the notorious defective component to breakdown). although my only other curiousity would be is if you think there could be a short or defective speaker that would cause it to cut out and display such a wierd screen?

Expert:  ricke1973 replied 2 years ago.
If you think its a shorted speaker simply remove all and just connect one at a time,, if you follow me,,, one speaker breaks down after a certain amount of time try another and if that one does,, speakers are not the problem,, the next step i would take being i have i guess a little more experience than you,, would be to use a hair dryer,, atechs best friend,, blow heat on each board one at a time while the unit is on and as you know the bad board or component will show itself fairly quickly,,this same technique works with cold spray,, let me know how you do
ricke1973, ELECTRONICS
Experience: DEGREE IN ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the Accept, And i wish you well in your repairs,, any issues let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rick, have sent the control unit back To be repaired And received a brand new one instead. Plugged it In And exactly the same problem. So it is quite clear there is a prob with the amp In the sub. They have since taken the system And are sending me the new release 'better' version of this system the z906. .
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
Great; but i thought this was isolated as well; with the speakers; if the sub is causing the problem when it was disconnected you would've known; ok well im happy for you friend
Expert:  ricke1973 replied 1 year ago.
Hello; is all well with the unit