Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

Our vtech dm221-2 baby monitors parent units do not reconnect

Our vtech dm221-2 baby monitor's parent units do not reconnect with the baby unit anymore after baby unit was turned off earlier today. We tried restarting all units with full power off, taking out batteries from the parent units. Tried also moving closer with no success. Thanks for help!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today. I have several years of Professional Training and Hands On Experience under my belt and am dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible for your situation.

Here's how this works: We will go back and forth exchanging information about your problem until a proper diagnoses can be made. There is no extra charge for replying. In the rare case that your problem simply just can't be fixed, I will provide you with all of your options on how to move forward. Please remember that there isn't always a magic fix and that I am only compensated for my time helping you when you indicate that your satisfied with my efforts. Even after you've indicated that I've helped you, the question is never closed and I am available for follow up replies at anytime.

Are both Parent Monitor's saying "Not Linked" on them even if their 3 feet away from the baby unit? Try removing the power completely from just the Baby Monitor for 60 seconds then plug it back in with the Parent Monitors being about 3-4 feet away. Give it about 1 minute to allow for them to sync up to each other. After 1 minute, press the Find/Page button on the Baby Monitor and see if the Parent Monitor's are paged. If not, then the Baby Monitor's Transmitter has gone out in it. Reset the Parent Monitor's back to Factory Defaults and try again just to be sure. If the Monitor is still under warranty and still isn't Linking, you'll need to get an RMA from Vtech and they'll send you a working one. Hope this helps my friend and please remember to indicate that I have helped you today.

Carl L, Master Technician
Experience: Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.