Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

RDP-XF100ip. Started receiving "ERROR" when turning it on.

RDP-XF100ip. Started receiving "ERROR" when turning it on. What is the solution?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you today. I have several years of Professional Training and Hands On Experience under my belt and am dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible for your situation.

Here's how this works: We will go back and forth exchanging information about your problem until a proper diagnoses can be made. There is no extra charge for replying. In the rare case that your problem simply just can't be fixed, I will provide you with all of your options on how to move forward. Please remember that there isn't always a magic fix and that I am only compensated for my time helping you when you indicate that your satisfied with my efforts. Even after you've indicated that I've helped you, the question is never closed and I am available for follow up replies at anytime.

You are by far not alone on this my friend. Sony actually discontinued this product not long after it was released because of all the reports they getting on it. It became so common that they had a special repair service just for it for $149 which is a ripoff because they were selling them for $175 new. They all appeared to mysteriously display this "ERROR" message just shortly over being a year old. According to Sony, there is no reset or fix for it. If it is somehow less than a year old then send it in immediately to get fixed for free. If not, I recommend going with a different Brand on this type of device and that's rare to hear me say because I like Sony. I hope this helps and now you have more information about this common problem than before. Please remember to indicate that I have helped you today. :)

Carl L, Master Technician
Experience: Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.