Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Casio SF-8300 64KB Digital Diary. The screen has gone

Customer Question

I have a Casio SF-8300 64KB Digital Diary. The screen has gone blank and new batteries have not worked. Three questions: 1. Can it be repaired? 2. If not, can the data be recovered? 3. If so, where do I send it to? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Have you tried cleaning the battery terminals using foam swab lightly dipped in non-staining/plastic-safe DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent?

Initially, two (2) major concerns on issues such as this:
  • parts availability;
  • man hours/service fees.

Offhand, the repair would not be economically reasonable. That being the case, then unfortunately, no; it can not be repaired with justifiable cost. The data, more often than not, is lost. Sorry.

I realize that this information may perhaps be not what was expected. It is unfortunately a repair cost issue rather than technical.

Still, please click HERE to consult with and/or seek the services of an authorized Service Center.

Good luck and thank you for asking.
Louie, Technician
Experience: 25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.