Craig
Craig, Electrical/ Electronic Technician
Experience:  33 years troubleshooting electronic and electrical control systems for all types of equipment.
21549903

i am having trouble with my NEC projector , i have connected

Customer Question

i am having trouble with my NEC projector , i have connected with HDMI and cannot seem to get a video signal, tried all sorts of resolutions right down to 600x800 and all the way upto 1080p - project works great with my xbox? what am i doing wrong?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Craig replied 2 years ago.

Craig :

Go into the TV menu and select the HDMI 1 or 2 source. You don't have the source set to HDMI to see it.

Customer :
Customer :

i have it set to hdmi

Craig :

They're are 2 inputs, verify that it's one or two

Customer :

there is only one hdmi input

Craig :

You are certain that it is selected as source?

Customer :

yes certain

Craig :

It's fine if fed through the Xbox?

Customer :

yes

Craig :

What input comes from the xbox to the TV?

Craig :

When you view it that way?

Craig :

You're trying to skip the xbox and go straight to the TV?

Customer :

only hdmi

Customer :

and its a nec beamer

Craig :

What is the source setting when you use the xbox?

Craig :

and it works

Customer :

1080p

Craig :

But when you set it 1080P straight to TV it won't work?

Craig :

Set source to 1080P on TV?

Customer :

xbox works fine pc no good

Customer :

tried two different pc's

Craig :

Oh, you're trying to watch on the computer screen?

Customer :

tried that

Customer :

on the projector screen

Craig :

Ok

Craig :

Why can;t you just leave it connected to the xbox?

Customer :

xbox is fine

Customer :
Customer :

i am tring to connect my PC

Customer :

so i unplug my xbox and plug in my pc and no video

\

Craig :

Ok so you can't get the projector to recognize the PC input?

Customer :

yes

Craig :

Ok, one moment

Craig :

Look at this:

Craig :

Here too: