John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

bought a used samsung galaxy tab 10.1. how do i reset the password

bought a used samsung galaxy tab 10.1. how do i reset the password XXXXX you turn it on. i don't know the old password. bought it from a pawn shop so i don't know who owned it.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Please follow the steps below:

• Make sure tab is turned off. Then press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds to turn it off. After the 10 seconds, release the power button.

• Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons at the same time, when logo appears on the screen release the “Power” button and continue pressing the “Volume” button

• When recovery screen appears use “Volume Up/Down” buttons to navigate and select “wipe data / Factory reset” by pressing the “Home” or “Power” button (Depends on the Galaxy Tab model).

• Even if you have a subscription, please scroll down and click the green "Accept Answer" button so I can get compensated for my time by JustAnswer

Thank you very much!

John C.
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    we did the first couple steps but we have no recovery screen yet. we have a downloading android symbol and nothing happening yet. is that what its suppose to be doing?