1. resume feature after turn off, even overnight (most important)
2. bass/treble controls - I listen almost exclusively to speech, not music
3. Digital radio; good FM/AM sensitivity; clock radio with alarm and sleep timer; aux-in
4. Remote would be nice.
5. About the size of Bose Wave or smaller
6. Small room-size power.
7. Price - least imprtant if I find what I am looking for. I have been searching for years for a CD with resume that has built in speakers.
8. No docking for iPod necessary
Attachments are only available to registered users.
Turned on the unit -- it came up to CD. Inserted a CD; it started playing from Track 1. Skipped to Track 2 and let it play a little then then pressed Stop. CD stopped. Pressed Pause/Play to see whether the disc would resume in Track 2 or go back to the beginning of Track 1. It went back to Track 1. I wanted it to resume play where it was when I stopped it, that is in Track 2. I also tried just turning the unit off without stopping the CD, but that had the same result -- Track 1. So far the only way I have found to have it resume at the same point is to pause the CD, but since I want to turn it off overnight and have it resume in the morning, this is not practical. I have looked at the menu under set-up but nothing seems to apply. I also tried Shuffle and Repeat thinking there might be something there, but there wasn't and these features are turned off when the unit is turned off. I also tried setting the Timer -- could set a time, but the other setting was for 10, 20. etc. which must have been the Sleep Timer. Also the manual says that the Timer function shuts off after it has turned the unit back on, so I would have to set it every time I wanted it -- not a resume feature. The only reference to resume refers to the iPod (page 12 of the manual). Help! Is there something here I am not seeing? Charlottte