Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

I have a Sharp weather station model SPC775. I replaced the

I have a Sharp weather station model SPC775. I replaced the batteries in the remote unit with the result that the station does not display the outdoor temp and humidity. How can I rectify this problem? Dave XXXXXX XXXXXXXX, Missouri XXXXXXXXX
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dave and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX have been repairing Electronics Professionally for over 13+ years and currently own a Shop in FL.

When you replaced the batteries you have to pair the two devices together again. There should be a connect button on both devices that you have to press one after the other to connect them. Let me know if you have any problems.

Please remember to press the accept/smiley face button to show that I have helped you, and to compensate me for my work. After pressing the accept button, the question is not closed and you can still post replies on this Q&A thread. If you still have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Positive Feedback and (Bonus's) are always appreciated! :)

Thanks,
XXXXX XXXXXndsey

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carl,

I have located a reset access opening on the weather station but nothing that looks like a similar device on the remote. What am I overlooking?

Dave

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

If the Outdoor Sensor doesn't have a connect button, the device is set to sync automatically. Power down both devices. Make sure their close together and power up the outdoor one first then the Main Unit after. See if they sync up.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I powered down both units, reconnected sensor first, still no outdoor temp or humidity.

Dave

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.

It took forever to locate this then create it. This should get you back up and going if there's nothing physically wrong with the Outdoor Transmitter:

graphic

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Carl,

We must be talking about two different models of the weather station. Mine is model SPC775. I cannot see any channel choice slide on either the station or the sensor.

Dave

Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
Hey, those were the "only" instructions that were shown online anywhere. I have spent well over an hour continuously looking for the manual and/or syncing instructions. If the two just wont sync, it's possible that the Outdoor Transmitting has a Hardware issue and this isn't Software or Radio Signal related at all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My weather station is still not responding to or recording the outside temp or humidity. In addition, the day of the week indicator is not in sync with the month and date. If you have any new ideas I'd be happy to try them.

Dave
Expert:  Carl L replied 2 years ago.
It looks to be a problem with the unit itself. I use to have one myself and it worked great then all of a sudden stopped. I had to get a new one after that. Hope this helps Dave. We've done everything that we could on this without rebuilding the internal Circuitry.
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience: Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.