Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician
Experience:  Technical Expert & natural problem solver.
2926636

what is the correct code on GE universal remote 29414 to be

Customer Question

what is the correct code on GE universal remote 29414 to be used to program a Sanyo DP42849 for maximum usage?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 4 years ago.

Please bookmark this page, CTRL D http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-dr-fix-it/ please wait.....processing;

Here are the listed Sanyo codes;

SANYO004, 012, 013, 049, 097, 108, 110, 180, 209, 268

or

Sanyo004, 048, 049, 050, 080, 107, 108, 162, 169, 180

or

SANYO0049 0097 0110 0004 0268 0012 0108 0180

How to enter codes manually:

Step 1: Turn on the device (VCR, DVD, TV, Satellite receiver etc.) you wish to program.

Step 2: Press and hold the "CODE SEARCH" or "SETUP" button on the remote until the indicator light turns on, then release.

Step 3: Press and release the button for the device you are programming (VCR, DVD, TV etc.). For AUX, press AUX button, then the device button you are assigning to AUX. The indicator light will blink then remain lit.

Step 4: Enter the three-digit or four-digit code (depending on your GE remote model) for your device using the number buttons. After your code is entered the indicator light will turn off.

Step 5: Aim the remote at the device you want to control and press the POWER button. Your device should turn off. If your equipment does not respond to the first code listed in the documentation, repeat steps with the next code. If the device responds correctly to other functions like Volume or Program up/down, no further programming is required.

If you can't find a working code for your device or your brand is not listed try the "Code Search" method described below.

The CODE SEARCH function

Step 1: Turn on the equipment you wish to program.

Step 2: Press and hold "CODE SEARCH" or "SETUP" until the light turns on, then release.

Step 3: Press and release the button for the device you are programming (VCR, DVD, TV etc.). The indicator light will blink once, then remain lit. For AUX, press AUX then the device button you are assigning to AUX.

Step 4: Press and release the "POWER" button until your device turns off. Wait at least two seconds between each time you press "POWER". Note that you may have to press "POWER" up to 250 times!

Step 5: When your device turns off press the "ENTER" or "SAVE" button. The indicator light will turn off. Check other functions to see if your code is correct.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried these codes and cant get the menu to respond to up down left right

OK I show eight other codes that can work on Sanyo TVs you will want to try each one to see which one works. The codes are:

0049
0097
0110
0004
0268
0012
0108
0180
Best way to test each code is program the first one in and then try the power button on the remote for the TV while the TV is ON. When you find one that turns the TV OFF then try the rest of the buttons and see if they control the rest of the TVs functions.

I hope this solves your problem, otherwise may try the scan option if have the patience for it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried to get answers to a simple question and all I get is a runaround. I cant believe what responses I would get to a difficult problem

Hi unfortunately there are many different Sanyo models and variations of the codes that may work the GE remote... So it is a trial & error method to find a working code or search for a good code.

Did find a replacement remote listed for a good price - http://www.emtcompany.com/sanyo-dp42849-remote/rc64.html

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have done all of the instructions you gave me and I am in the same position as when I started. I still can't fully use the remote. Also my charge card has been charged the fee which I though was 30 days free.