Michael
Michael , Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

How do I turn on my built in webcam? i get an error message

Customer Question

How do I turn on my built in webcam? i get an error message when I go into the cyberlink youcam
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
Hi, is this the only place on your computer that allows you to turn on your webcam?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, I have a job interview on skype that I'm trying to use a webcam for. So, skype also, and its still not turning on.

Thanks,

Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
oh thanks,
Try restarting your computer and try to get only the webcam to come up before you go online, and see if you can see it working or any error messages please send that information to me.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried that. The error message that I get is "No webcam detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated camera, make sure that ti is turned on."

The webcam is an integrated cam and I am not sure how to turn it on.
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks,
The driver for the built in cam is corrupt. It needs to be removed and then re installed.
Go to START, then DEVICES and printers tell me if the cam is there?
Also go to DEVICE MANAGER, let me know if you see your cam up there in the list?
If you do, is there any info on it maybe even an exclamation point?
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The camera is not there, and the cam is in the list, as your second part of the questions notes, and it says it is running properly. So, I'm not sure what to do. I may have not gone into the right menu. Not too good with computers..

-David
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
Hi, when you go to device manager, click on the cam and make sure of what it says about the driver.
Please let me know.
Thank you
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It says 'Cyberlink WebCam working properly'.
I could uninstall and then re-install the driver. Maybe this will work.

-David
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
Hi you can try that.
And if that works great, but if it is saying the driver is good, then if the driver re load doesnt work, then something is wrong with the cam. In that case your best bet is to go buy an external cam for it, and that will work

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Let me know how it goes.
Thank you
Tech Michael