i need a restoration disk.geek squad said i needed it. can i order 1 here?
You will need to order a disk from HP. I'm assuming you are talking about a computer or laptop. You are obviously able to get online, so if you would provide me with your model number I will point you in the right direction.
Let's back up for a second. Just realized there are no recovery disks for your system. Everything you need is on your computer (assuming the recovery partition is not corrupt).
Have you tried the HP Recovery Manager?
If not, here are the steps to get into it (please read all the way through prior to performing):
- Press the power switch to turn on the computer
- Repeatedly press f11 during the startup.
- If the Recovery Manager is operational, the computer will display a prompt to either
(1) recover the operating system from files stored on the recovery partition, or
(2) create a set of recovery discs which does not require the purchase of a replacement recovery disc.
- You first want to recover your system using the files stored on your recovery partition.
- Once recovered, you can then create a set of recovery discs if you want.
Hope this helps,